OPTEC technology is based on two proven processes that have been established for decades: Electrolysis and Ionization.
Both of these processes have been proven to enhance fuel efficiencies and reduce harmful emissions by thousands of scientists and engineers; and this has been well documented and accepted as sound science world wide.
How It Works
- Optec produces micro oxy-hydrogen and ionized air
- Feeds it to the internal combustion engine
- Increasing the burn rate
- Breaks up the long hydrocarbon chain at a subatomic level
- Thus providing a way for the same fuel to burn more efficiently
Maximizing mpg* and reducing emissions*
Electrolysis is simply breaking water into hydrogen and oxygen. These two gases have much higher flame speeds than gasoline and thus they act as catalysts when mixed with the fuel. NASA experimented with this technology back in the late 1960’S and proved that the higher flame speed Of hydrogen was responsible for being able to extend the efficient lean operating range of a gasoline engine.
burn the gasoline more efficiently and results in better fuel efficiency.
This WORKS BECAUSE
- Excess oxygen in the charge further oxidizes unburned hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide.
- Excess oxygen lowers the peak combustion temperatures, which inhibits the formation of oxides of nitrogen
- The lower combustion temperatures increase the mixture specific heat ratio by decreasing the net dissociation losses.
- As the specific heat ratio increases, the cycle thermal efficiency also increases, providing the potential for better fuel economy
Applying Electrolysis and Ionization
The “OPTEC” micro-cell unit collects the high velocity air through the air intake and uses the moisture of the air for the electrolysis process. A minimal amount of electricity is used from the vehicle’s battery (milliamps) to separate the moisture into hydrogen and oxygen. At the same time, a small electric current is applied to the air causing the ionization to take place and then this air and gas mixture is fed to the engine’s combustion chamber resulting in the fuel burning more efficiently. The onboard computer sees this as too much fuel in the system and then automatically adjusts itself to a lean mode. This results in improved fuel efficiency* and reduced emissions*.
The key difference of the optec functionality…
Our technology produces a micro amount of hydrogen and oxygen, combining that with ionization of air and eliminating the need for controlling the onboard computer. (As a matter of fact, the “OPTEC” micro-cell only works with engines that have an onboard computer that controls the air fuel mixture of the engine.) Due to this process, the exhaust system and the oxygen sensor do not detect large amounts of oxygen in the exhaust that would result in the onboard computer injecting more fuel into the engine.
It is safe for your engine
It’s also important to note that excessive production of hydrogen might cause the engine to run too lean causing overheating and potential engine damage. Again, due to the fact that “OPTEC” only produces a minimal amount of micro-oxyhydrogen, it does not manipulate the onboard computer in anyway, it will not have any adverse effects on the engine.